The church of St Mary is situated on Bennett Drive, Tairua. The Drive is named after Father Francis Bennett who built the church in 1997. He lived in Tairua in retirement from the Dunedin Diocese for 22 years, and died in 1999.
Bennett Drive can be found by driving north along the main road, through the township, and turning right at Cory Wright Drive. Bennett Drive is first on the left.
Prior to this new church, Tairua Catholics worshipped at the Church of St Columcille, which was built in 1893 and brought from Kuaotunu (north of Whitianga) in 1954.
Sunday Mass – 10:30am